KOCOSTAR FOOT PEELING PACK

19 March 2017


I'd spotted the Kocostar Foot Peeling Pack on ASOS a while back, but it sold out by the time I went to order. I was really intrigued by the name though, so when I spotted it in Urban Outfitters I had to try. At £8, it's not super expensive but you would also be a bit pissed off if it didn't work. I get quite dry skin on my feet, and with Spring being pretty much upon us I wanted a quick fix product ready for cracking out the sandals. 

The packaging is super cute, however, the instructions are all in Korean, and the translation doesn't really tell you a lot - it doesn't even correctly describe the product, which tbh really annoyed me. It also doesn't tell you the most important thing - peeling starts after 3-4 days.


Inside the packet, you get 2 'booties', that come attached at what will be the ankle. The edge is perforated, and they pull apart relatively easily. You then have to trim along to top of the 'ankle'. The packet tells you there is a dotted line - this is a lie. 

Once cut open, you can easily pop your foot into the serum filled pouch. There is a small tab with some tape on - use this like fastening a velcro trainer.  


Then that's it for 90 minutes. The pouches are pretty slippy. If you needed to get up to go to the toilet or something, you'd be ok if you walked carefully, but you certainly couldn't go out with these on. After the 90 minutes is up, according to the instructions, you take the pouches off your feet, give them a rinse and that's it. You'd be fairly disappointed at this point - although my skin was very moisturised, and looked better, there was no peeling. 24 hours after the treatment, it was honestly like I'd never done it. 

4 days after, the peeling started. It's crazy. Your skin literally lifts off your foot, but it's not painful, and the skin underneath is really healthy and soft. It is a bit grim, though. Skin gets everywhere. Definitely don't try and shoes or skinny jeans on. It doesn't look cute - at best it looks like sunburn but it also looks like you've got sandwich meat strapped to your feet. If you need to speed up the process, warm water and a pumice can help. 

The only thing I would say about this foot peel is that although the results were over all amazing, the worst bits of skin on my feet didn't peel quite as well as the rest. I'm definitely doing one of these again, so I'm going to go over the worst bits with a pumice prior to putting my feet in the pouches to help the serum permeate the thicker skin.

Kate
x

Post a Comment