AN UNLIKELY BROW HERO

8 May 2021 Manchester, UK



When it comes to brows, I love a strong but natural brow - I like a shape but I also like to see actual hairs and not just a block. 

I've tried a lot of brow gels over the years, ranging from cheaper options such as Essence and Elf, to middle of the road Max Factor and NYX, to the iconic (and for me over rated) Benefit range. I have very fine and fluffy brow hairs, and found, with the exception of the Max Factor product, that these brow gels simply did not have the hold and staying power. They might apply nicely but drop throughout the day, or they might hold the hairs in place but offer no colour and definition. 

So, bring on my holy grail product: The Boots Natural Collection mascara in brown

This product might not be for everyone - the shade is quite dark and it leaves hair looking pretty thick. But, for my fluffy forehead, it works a trick. And, it's only £2.49, which in my eyes is a winner. The mascara is a wetter formula, meaning you'll need to use a light hand when applying (I usually remove some product onto a tissue to help the process) and allow to dry totally before touching the brow hairs it can smudge. 



For the purpose of science, I tried this on my lashes as nature intended. Personally, I get my lashes permed and tinted, so it's hard to say exactly how well it would perform on natural lashes. With the formula being so wet I did get a little bit of smudging where my lashes tough my brow bone, but this wiped away easily. According to the reviews the formula changed about a month ago and was previously a top mascara - this formula definitely isn't the best but it's also not terrible if you wanted a budget double use product for an every day look. 


Here's my brows using this product with a little powder where there are sparse patches:




Much love,

Kate 

Post a Comment