L'OREAL MISS BABY ROLL MASCARA

22 May 2017



Mascara, the bane of my life. I feel that a favourite mascara is something very personal anyway, but when your lashes are as short and straight as mine, you can pretend all you like that you're excited for new mascara but in reality it's a very tense time. Will the brush be too big for my lashes? Will the formula be too wet and make my lashes look like a soggy lawn? Who knows. However, sometimes the fear pays off, and you find a product that really works for you. 

The L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll Mascara is advertised by a plethora of super models, and claims to offer curl and all day hold for lashes. It's RRP seems to be about £7.99, and is available in classic black, but also bright teal, indigo and lilac. I got a free pink satin sleep mask with mine when I purchased at Boots - I'm guessing these are limited edition for the launch but to be honest I can't really see myself using it.


One thing that did annoy me with this product - removing the plastic damaging the writing on the packaging. I'm not a fan of getting make-up home to realise some mucky pup has already tried it, but this did ruin the aesthetics a bit, and let's be honest, that's half the fun of getting a new product. Other than that, the packaging is lovely, and fits perfectly with the baby doll theme. 

The brush really caught my eye on this one (not literally). It's a nice, compact shape and size, with spiral layers of plastic bristles round the outside. It's a medium sized wand, which kind of scared me, but the bristles seem to be the kind that can pick up lashes without the being entirely wrapped around it. It has the feel to it of a hair roller or round blow drying brush. I know this means nothing, but it kind of gives you confidence. 


After wiping the brush clean, I can confirm that there is loads of product on the wand. However, because of the bristle layout, only the right amount actually gets applied. You have perfect control by using the wand lightly, or really pushing it onto the lashes, allowing you to build up layers and keep lashes defined.


So what's it like on? To be honest, I love it. It's definitely a 2 coater. The first coat makes a real impact - you can legitimately see your lashes curling and looking longer. For me, however, the formula is too wet for my short arse lashes to really go for it. Second coat, however, really grabs the lashes and makes them look long, dark, and defined, and no spider lashes in sight. You have to be a little more careful on the lower lashes, but they also look great, and don't need a second coat the same.

I've tested this on a 9 hour working day including a gym trip in the middle, and I am so impressed by how well this lasts. It doesn't dry out and crumble under the eye, and it stays super dark. The only thing I would say is that the curl does drop a little. Perhaps curling the lash before hand would prevent this, or maybe it's just my short, stubborn lashes.

This is a must try!

Kate
x

Post a Comment